Friday 17 May 2013

Review of Piercing the Fold by Venessa Kimball





Review of Piercing the Fold
(First review for May)
Rating 3.5 Stars

I was given this book by the author for an honest review.
The concept behind this story was very well thought-out, with truths mixed with fiction. There are parts where you questions could it be possible?  From wormholes to the quantum theory all the way to the Bermuda triangle, Yes these are all linked in the book for a fascinating reasons.
I loved the main character Jes, she is strong willed, and a real fighter. She makes a judgement call in the book whether to help someone or use them, and she chooses the latter, later to regret it. But I loved this about her, I would have done the same, she was flawed but had a conscience all the same.
I can see a love triangle arise and I hope to god it isn’t Nate that she chooses, I just didn’t like him or take to him, not my cup of tea.

So overall I loved this book and can’t wait to read the second one so why did I rate it only 3.5 stars.
Well this is why.

The first 30% is watching Jes learn all about herself we see her life, her powers. Just loved it got me straight away.
Then she has this one conversation with her professor that goes on chapters long. It was like a science lessons (yes it was relevant as it told you all the background) but  I would have preferred if it was far more spread out as I had to re-read it, because I kept zoning out, this happens several times. Until I reached 61% I think and then it took off and I couldn’t put it down. We get to meet Xander, and O did I love his character. That’s why I can’t wait to read book 2 as I feel it will really lift off.

No comments:

Post a Comment