Sunday 12 May 2013

Interview with Robin Leigh Morgan Author of I Kissed A Ghost


Image
Question: What have you published recently and where can we find it?
I self-published my first YA Paranormal/Time Travel/First Kiss romance novel, “I Kissed a Ghost”; it got released on December 20, 2012 and is available on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Kissed-Ghost-Robin-Leigh-Morgan/dp/1480030031  It is also available on  Amazon.co.uk   Amazon.de   Amazon.es   Amazon.fr  and  Amazon.it
If anyone would like to read some UNEDITED SNIPPETS from the book, you can do so under the category of “GHOSTLY WHISPERS” on any of my blog sites:
Question: How, and when, did you decide to become a writer?
I actually began to write back in June 1995, where until June 2006 I wrote over 450 commentary type items for a community newspaper.  Along the way I decided to see if I could write something else. I didn’t own a computer back then, but I did have access to one where I wrote my commentaries, and it was on this computer I wrote about two pages a week. Once I got my computer I began to write what I wanted to be a contemporary romance with a paranormal element running through, but I never seemed to get the sense it would be good enough to be read by someone else.  Eventually, someone suggested I write for a younger audience, which how I came to write my debut novel, a YA [Young Adult] Paranormal/Time Travel/First Kiss romance entitled, “I Kissed a Ghost.”
Question: What is a typical day like for you as a writer?
I don’t have a set routine. I set goals each day which I strive to meet. Right now I’m not doing any writing in regards to my second romance novel. I’m writing Flash Fiction prompts and commenting on other people’s endeavors, I’m look to increase the number of followers I’ve got on the various sites I have a presence. and I’m also working on the marketing of the release of the Kindle version of  “I Kissed a Ghost.”
How did you come up with the title for your book
Selecting a title for a book had been a very challenging experience for me; but after racking my brain over it, I decided to merely summarize the premise for the entire story in as few words as possible until I had something which could be used as the title for my book. Hence, since the story is about a girl [Mary] and her kissing the ghost [George] she had living in her house, the story had to be called, “I Kissed a Ghost.”
When you write do you consider yourself to be a plotter or a pantser?
I’d probably say a little of both. As I said in the above, I made a skeleton of an outside, writing down the basic plot points I’d like to hit as the story unfolded; and as a sculptor starting with a wire base of what they’d like to have, I added material, then took some away, until I had the finished product I had in mind.
Question: What are your favorite characters that you have created? Tell us about them.
Mary Elizabeth Williams is a young girl who’s just beginning to learn about boys. She’s rather plain looking, and resents to some extent the way the boys in her class treat her, using her brains to help them to better so they can stay on the various sport teams the school has. A new boy, Jonathan, joins her class and begins to treat her the way she has always wanted to be, for liking her for being the person that she is. The relationship is short-lived because her father gets a promotion which meant she has to move away at the end of the school year. Just before she does she decides to give him a kiss at the mall, away from all the prying eyes of their friends.
At her new school things return to the way they used to before she met Jonathan. This time, in addition, everyone at school tease her continuously about her house being haunted. The thing is, it is haunted by a ghost named George, who she can see and who treats her, the way Jonathan did.  George takes Mary on trips to the past and even does her homework.
The thing I like most about Mary is that, she’s never downtrodden by the way she’s gets treated by everyone at school.
Question: do you find you “mentally edit” other writers’ works as you read them? Does doing this help you or bother you?
When I read I book, I believe I do what almost every other authors, which is mentally commenting on what I’m reading, saying to myself I’d have written this—this way or that way.  As I tend to be an individual when I write, I do everything possible not to be influenced by someone else.
What advice would you give new and aspiring authors?
Ever give up living your dream of becoming a writer, as you can from reading about me, I never did.  Before you start looking for a publisher or even an agent you MUST have your manuscript edited, granted the editor you select might miss a few minor points, but at least it’s now in a much more presentable condition.  Publishers want manuscript which can be easily edited by their own editing staff, without them having to correct countless misspellings and grammatical errors.
Question: What music do you listen to, while writing?
Either I play some of the CDs I owned, or I listen to a variety of stations on AOL Radio – depending on the mood I’m in at the moment.
Question: What do you eat while writing?
I never eat while I write; to start with it would always be messy
Five for Fun:
What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? 
Diet Lemon-Flavored Iced Tea
What is your favourite cartoon character?
SpongeBob SquarePants
What is your favourite movie of all time?
Musical – My Fair Lady
Comedy – Blazing Saddles 
Fantasy – Harry Potter Series 
Other – The Ten Commandments
What do you like to do for fun or just to relax?
Watching old television shows on NetFlix from the days when I had been much younger.
Where else can we find you on the web?
Twitter:           http://www.twitter.com/mypennameonly
Synopsis:

In "I Kissed a Ghost", Mary gets a new classmate named Jonathan who’s a great baseball player and to get on the team, he needs Mary’s help to improve his grades. Six months later when she learns she’s moving, she decides to give him something special--a first kiss. Moving into her new home she soon discovers it has a ghost named George, her age, who takes her on numerous trips to the past of a hundred years ago. As she meets children her own age, everyone teases her about her house being haunted, but no one will go inside. Mary likes his help doing her math homework, writing her reports, and taking her back in time. George and Mary’s interaction grows and she eventually gives him a quick peck on his lips while they’re in the past, which is the only place George is a real boy, for having done something special for her. Can Mary kiss George again at the special date and time he needs to be kissed? What happens afterwards if she does? The answers are all in the book!
 Where you can Purchase this book:







No comments:

Post a Comment