Tuesday 20 August 2013

Review and Spotlight for Author DelSheree Gladden of Wicked Hunger

Image

About this author:
I live in New Mexico with my husband and two children. I love expressing my creativity through writing and painting and I get a lot of my inspiration from my family and from the culture and beauty of New Mexico. I write mainly Young Adult urban fantasy, but my writing interests are ever expanding. I am also currently in the Dental Hygiene Program at San Juan College, so 90% of my waking hours are devoted to thinking about teeth for the time being!

Where can we find you?
Website: http://www.theediblebookshelf.blogspot.com/

Image
Synopsis:
Vanessa and Zander Roth are good at lying. They have to be when they are hiding a deadly secret. Day after day, they struggle to rein in their uncontrollable hunger for pain and suffering in order to live normal lives. Things only get worse when Ivy Guerra appears with her pink-striped hair and secrets. The vicious hunger Ivy inspires is frightening, not to mention suspicious. Vanessa’s instincts are rarely wrong, so when they tell her that Ivy’s appearance is a sign of bad things to come, she listens. She becomes determined to expose Ivy’s secrets. Vanessa tries to warn her brother, but Zander is too enamored with Ivy to pay attention to her conspiracy theories. One of them is right about Ivy … but if they lose control of their hunger, it won’t matter who is right and who is wrong. One little slip, and they’ll all be dead

Where you can purchase this book:

My Review of Wicked Hungry:
Review of Wicked Hunger
(4th Review for August)

Rating 5 stars

The story is told through the eyes of Van and Zander a brother and sister, suffering from a curse handed down from their parents, we watch as both of them struggle with the understanding of what they really are.

I loved this book Zander was a complex character at first I felt I had him all figured out, he dealt with the curse better than Van well that’s how I felt at the start of the story. I thought his logic to not get attached and stay away from others was good. The so called cursed gave them urges to often kill or inflict pain on others, it didn’t happen to everyone around them, just some people seemed to arouse the hunger for pain or death in them. Even though Van and Zander both had the same curse they were still unique in different ways, Zander wanted death to be fast and Van liked to cause the most suffering. It was odd as both where not the hero’s, I felt I was seeing a Villain from a humane side that allowed me to understand the everyday struggle of not killing people.

With Van she won’t let go she doesn’t isolate herself but keeps her friends close and a love interest which makes the story really good, there is a love triangle for a while between Van, Noah and Ketchup but in my opinion there is no triangle because I can see where her heart is, and I truly hope she follows it. I can’t wait for the next instalment as wicked hungry just set the stage for what’s to come. I can’t wait to understand the curse fully, and see what secrets have been kept from Zander and Van. I hope we see a lot more of Ketchup also as he was a very likeable character.

The plot was not as simple as I thought at first it has layers upon layers, and I can’t wait to peel back every layer to see what lies beneath.

It’s another fantastic book from Author DelSheree Gladden and I am a huge fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment